ï»¿Useless Facts about Health, Laughter, Stress, Anti-Biotic, Virus.
Useless Facts about Health.
Every body shows concern about their health and well being. Try reading through these useless health facts to give you something else to worry about.
* Laughter is the best form of medicine is an often used phrase. It contains an element of truth. Laughter lowers hormone levels which cause stress and acts as a boost to the natural immune system. Adults should try to laugh more, carefree children laugh three times as more often as adults.
* If you suffer from stress caused by having money problems then you are very likely to suffer from some form of gum disease. It maybe induced by biting the tongue when paying the bills or bouncing checks!
* It is said that the human brain stops developing at about the age of eighteen. Does this mean that all of the worldâs leaders are teenagers?
* Why is it that Doctors prescribe anti-biotic for the treatment of the common cold? The cold is caused by a virus or do they not know the difference? In the USA there are about fifty million anti biotic medicines prescribed annually, unnecessarily, for the treatment of viral infections. But it keeps the drug manufacturers happy.
* When you cut yourself your blood appears to be red in color. This is due to the fluid absorbing oxygen. The blood within the body is only red of it is carrying oxygenated blood away from the heart. On its return journey when it is full of carbon dioxide the blood is actually a purple color.
* Heart disease is often treated with the drug Digitalis. It was discovered in the late 18th century by an English Doctor who for some reason found, that leaves from the garden plant âdigitalis purpureaâ affected the pulse rate and the quantity of blood pumped by the heart with each beat.